By-law and Enforcement Services - Parked Vehicle Blocking the End of a Residential Driveway
By-Law Enforcement will attend to investigate vehicles that are parked and blocking a residential driveway.
An officer will attend to enforce the by-law if:
- The vehicle is fully or partially blocking access in or out of the driveway
- The property owner/tenant with proof of residency calls in to report the issue
- The property owner/tenant will be on site when the officer arrives to provide proof of ownership/residency
If the vehicle is only partially blocking the driveway, we will only ticket the vehicle. We will not tow a vehicle for partially blocking a driveway.
To prove ownership/residency upon arrival, an officer will need valid identification.
An officer will NOT attend if:
- The vehicle is parked on the opposite side of the street
- The vehicle belongs to a tenant, neighbour, or friend; the owner must speak to the individual first
- The vehicle belongs to a guest or visitor of a tenant; the owner must speak to the tenant first
To report a vehicle parked blocking your driveway, please submit a service request.
If you require further assistance, please contact 311 within Brampton or 905-874-2000.
By-Law Parking Enforcement