Knowledge Article

City of Brampton 311. Request, track, and explore City Services.

By-law and Enforcement Services - Parked Vehicle Blocking the End of a Residential Driveway

By-Law Enforcement will attend to investigate vehicles that are parked and blocking a residential driveway.

An officer will attend to enforce the by-law if:

  • The vehicle is fully or partially blocking access in or out of the driveway.
  • The property owner calls in to report the issue.
  • The property owner will be on site when the officer arrives to provide proof of ownership.

If the vehicle is only partially blocking the driveway, we will only ticket the vehicle. We will not tow a vehicle for partially blocking a driveway.

To prove ownership upon arrival, an officer will need valid identification.

An officer will not attend if:

  • The vehicle is parked on the opposite side of the street.
  • The vehicle belongs to a tenant, neighbour, or friend; the owner must speak to the individual first.
  • The vehicle belongs to a guest or visitor of a tenant; the owner must speak to the tenant first.

To report a vehicle parked blocking your driveway, please submit a service request.

If you have an urgent request or require further assistance, please contact 311 within Brampton or 905-874-2000.

Related information:
By-Law Parking Enforcement

Last Updated on Dec 8, 2022