Knowledge Article

City of Brampton 311. Request, track, and explore City Services.

By-Law and Enforcement Services – Continuous Noise Complaint

Noise is defined as any unwanted sound. The City of Brampton By-Law 93-84 states that a person shall not, within the City of Brampton, make, create, cause or permit noises likely to disturb inhabitants. Brampton City Council passed the bylaw to curb persistent and recurring noise.

The bylaw specifically prohibits noises such as:

  • A dog barking daily and excessively
  • Someone playing a loud stereo or musical equipment regularly
  • Someone operating construction equipment daily 

You must call Peel Regional Police to report noise from fighting, screaming, or someone using insulting or obscene language or other disorderly conduct. These activities may be criminal offences. When dealing with loud parties, City bylaw officers may request the assistance of the police.

When you report a noise violation, we must establish the particulars of the complaint before we proceed with legal action. In every case, you must be involved in the process.

If you require further assistance, please contact 311 or 905-874-2000.

Related Information:
Noise Reporting Package
Peel Regional Police

Last Updated on Jan 9, 2024