COVID-19 – Physical Distancing and Gatherings on Private Property
As of Wednesday January 10th at 12:01 am, Peel region (including the City of Brampton) will continue to remain under Lockdown with the Stay at Home order in effect. This will remain until March 9th (subject to be extended)
Peel Medical Officer of Health has issued safety measures in the Region of Peel that go beyond the restrictions laid out in the Lockdown Level. To review the Region’s full list of restrictions, click here
The Provincial Government has announced that all individuals shall limit their in-person contact to only those who live within their home. Social Gatherings are not permitted within the Lockdown Level.
- Individuals living alone can have contact with one other household
Religious services, rites or ceremonies
- Places of Worship and Wedding Ceremonies must limit their capacity to 10 people indoors and 10 people outdoors
Meetings & Events:
- Under the direction of Peel Medical Officer of Health, Meeting and event spaces, including banquet halls, must close
Schools and Child Care Programs
- Kindergarten to Grade 8 students will be utilizing virtual learning from Jan 4th to Feb. 16th and returning to in person February 16th 2021
- High school students will be utilizing virtual learning Jan 4th to Feb. 16th and returning to in person February 16th, 2021
- Child care centres as well as home based child care services will remain open
The Chief Medical Officer of Health urges All Ontarians:
- Limit trips outside of home, except for essential purposes only such as work where it is not possible to work from home, school, grocery shopping, medical appointments, and outdoor healthy physical activity
- Practise physical distancing of at least two metres with those outside your household
- Wear a face covering when physical distancing is a challenge or where it is mandatory
There are exemptions for:
- Schools, child care centres, universities, colleges of applied arts and technology, private career colleges, the Ontario Police College, etc.
- Before-school and after-school programs
Please Note: Home childcare facilities are also included in the exemption. We will not take enforcement action on home daycare centres.
The minimum fine for hosting an illegal gathering is $10,000.00. The maximum fine for attending an illegal gathering is $750.00
To review the COVID-19 Response Framework, click here
If you would like to report individuals not adhering to this By-Law on private property, please submit a service request, call 311 or 905-874-2000.
- Please note: If you would like to submit this request anonymously, it must be done over the phone. Please call 311 or 905-874-2000.