COVID-19 – Physical Distancing and Gatherings on Private Property
To contain the COVID-19 virus, the City of Brampton has enacted Brampton COVID-19 Emergency Measures By-Law. This is to protect the health and safety of residents and community by regulating physical distancing.
Private property will continue to be monitored by By-law Enforcement Officers to ensure there are no gatherings of more than 10 people or groups of any size not practicing physical distancing.
Violations of the By-Law include:
- Events or gatherings of 11 or more people on private property, other than members of the same household
- For example: A family of 9 invites 2 guests over, making their gathering 11 people in total - Enforcement will investigate
- However, Family of 11 people who all live together (related or not) having a gathering - Enforcement will not investigate
- Gathering in religious places of worship
- Using a park in a private residential complex (apartment, condominiums etc.,)
- People gathering in groups of any size, not practicing physical distancing, on Peel District School Board (PDSB) property
Individuals not adhering to the physical distancing By-law can be fined a minimum of $500 and maximum of up to $100,000 for each offence.
If you would like to report individuals not adhering to this By-Law on private property, please submit a service request, call 311 or 905-874-2000.
- Please note: If you would like to submit this request anonymously, it must be done over the phone. Please call 311 or 905-874-2000.