COVID-19 – Physical Distancing and Gatherings on Private Property
To contain the COVID-19 virus, the City of Brampton has enacted Brampton COVID-19 Emergency Measures By-Law. This is to protect the health and safety of residents and community by regulating physical distancing.
Offences occuring on Private property will continue to be monitored by By-law Enforcement Officers to ensure there are no gatherings of more than 10 people inside and 25 people or groups of any size not practicing physical distancing.
Violations of the By-Law include:
- Events or gatherings of 25 or more people on private property, other than members of the same household
- For example: A family of 10 invites 15 guests over, making their gathering 25 people in total - Enforcement will investigate
- However, Family of 25 people who all live together (related or not) having a gathering - Enforcement will not investigate
- Gathering in religious places of worship
- Using a park in a private residential complex (apartment, condominiums etc.,)
- People gathering in groups of any size, not practicing physical distancing, on Peel District School Board (PDSB) property
Individuals not adhering to the physical distancing By-law can be fined a minimum of $10,000 and maximum of up to $100,000 for each offence.
If you would like to report individuals not adhering to this By-Law on private property, please submit a service request, call 311 or 905-874-2000.
- Please note: If you would like to submit this request anonymously, it must be done over the phone. Please call 311 or 905-874-2000.