COVID-19 – Physical Distancing and Gatherings on Private Property
The Province of Ontario is within the Roadmap to Reopening.
· The Province will enter a modified version of Step Two of the Roadmap on January 5th 2022, 12:01am.
· Review the Infographic on exiting the roadmap.
Indoor Gathering Limits: 10 People
- Private Property Social Gatherings (not restricted to members of same household)
- Receptions (wedding, religious, funeral). See Ceremonies below.
Outdoor Gathering Limits: 25 People
- Private Property Social Gatherings (not restricted to members of same household):
- Receptions (wedding, religious, funeral). See ceremonies below.
Ceremonies (wedding, religious, funeral):
- Indoor capacity is 50% of the particular room
- Outdoor capacity set to the number of people that can maintain 2 metres distance
Meeting & Event Spaces:
- Closed indoors
- Outdoor permitted
Wear a face covering when physical distancing is a challenge or where it is mandatory
The minimum fine for hosting an illegal gathering is $10,000.00. The maximum fine for attending an illegal gathering is $750.00
For FAQ’s from the Ministry of Health regarding physical distancing, click here
To review the COVID-19 Response Framework, click here
If you would like to report individuals not adhering to this By-Law on City property, please submit a service request, call 311 or 905-874-2000.