COVID-19 – Physical Distancing and Gatherings on Private Property
The Provincial Government has announced an Ontario-wide Stay-at-Home Order. The Stay-at-Home Order will take effect on Thursday April 8th, at 12:01am. The COVID-19 Response Framework is paused until the order has been lifted.
- Indoor & Outdoor organized public events and social gatherings, except with members of the same household. Individuals who live alone, including seniors, may consider having exclusive, close contact with one other household to help reduce the negative impacts of social isolation
- In-person Wedding or religious receptions (drive-in services are permitted) (ceremonies permitted, see below)
- Meeting & Event Spaces are not permitted for use, with the exception of:
- child care
- court services
- government services
- mental health and addiction support services (for example, Alcoholics Anonymous) permitted to a maximum of 10 people
- provision of social services
- Religious Services Rites & Ceremonies (includes wedding & funeral ceremonies and applies to all venues other than private dwelling).
- Effective Monday April 19th 12:01am Maximum of 10 people indoor & outdoor
The limits for indoor and outdoor capacity cannot be combined. The event is either indoor or outdoor.
The Chief Medical Officer of Health urges All Ontarians:
- Limit trips outside of home, except for essential purposes only such as work where it is not possible to work from home, school, grocery shopping, medical appointments, and outdoor healthy physical activity
- Travel to other regions in the province should only be for essential purposes
- Practise physical distancing of at least two metres with those outside your household
- Wear a face covering when physical distancing is a challenge or where it is mandatory
Please Note: Home childcare facilities are also included in the exemption. We will not take enforcement action on home daycare centres.
The minimum fine for hosting an illegal gathering is $10,000.00. The maximum fine for attending an illegal gathering is $750.00
For FAQ’s from the Ministry of Health regarding physical distancing, click here
To review the COVID-19 Response Framework, click here
If you would like to report individuals not adhering to this By-Law on City property, please submit a service request, call 311 or 905-874-2000.