Parks - Tree Planting and Replacement
The City of Brampton’s Forestry team undertakes maintenance of trees, including pruning or removal and tree replacements, on trees located within City-owned property such as parks and boulevards in-front of homes. Members of the public are not permitted to conduct any work, including pruning, on City owned trees.
What happens after I report my concern or submit my request?
- A Tree Inspection will be conducted approximately 90 days from the initial request
- The Inspector will leave a ‘Tree Door Hanger’ on your door to let you know the inspection is complete
- The Necessary work will be scheduled for completion
- Forestry staff may place a painted marking on the curb to indicate the approximate location of the future tree planting
- Planting usually takes place between June-December, weather dependant
- Tree selections are determined by a certified Arborists based on what is best suited for the area
Specific dates for tree planting are not available
If you require further assistance, please contact 311 within Brampton or 905-874-2000.
Tree Preservation By-law
Trees on Private Property
Trees on City Property
Tree planting & Removal