Knowledge Article

City of Brampton 311. Request, track, and explore City Services.

Parks Flooding - Urgent

The Parks department is responsible for monitoring the affects of water in all parks, community and recreation centres in Brampton. Flooding may be cause by, but is not limited to the following:

  • Bridges in a park that are flooded or washed out
  • Heavy rain in parks and facility roadways, pathways, parking lots, playgrounds or underpasses
  • Overflow in a greenbelt
  • Melting ice chunks from spring thaw
  • Blockage of ice on pathways, parks, recreation or community centre parking lots, etc.
  • Excess water on sports fields
  • Fallout grate open or damaged
  • Damage to a facility building from heavy rain
  • Major erosion of earth or structures around lake or pond, embankment failures, landslides and voids under embankment

Flooding caused by a blocked sewer, water main break or hydrant leakage is the responsibility of the Region of Peel.

To report urgent flooding or water ponding in all parks, community and recreation centres, please contact 311 within Brampton or 905-874-2000.

Related Links
Flood Watch
Recreational Trail Maps

Last Updated on Jan 13, 2020