Knowledge Article

City of Brampton 311. Request, track, and explore City Services.

By-Law and Enforcement Services – Fireworks Complaint

Brampton residents are allowed to use short-range fireworks on their private property four times a year (Victoria Day, Canada Day, Diwali and New Year’s Eve) without the need for a permit. Our City of Brampton residents may discharge short-range fireworks without a permit on their own property only on:

  • Victoria Day
  • Canada Day
  • Diwali
  • New Year’s Eve
  • Or by obtaining a special permit

All other type of fireworks that could travel more than three metres (10 feet) are banned, (e.g. roman candles, flying lanterns, skyrockets, and barrages). It is illegal to buy, sell, possess or use long-range fireworks.

Use of personal fireworks is not permitted on school property, in parks and on any City land, including streets and sidewalks.

The safety of our residents is of primary importance. When using short-range fireworks, residents must follow safety precautions:

  • You must have a container of water or a hose line that’s filled with water available to extinguish fireworks
  • You must never light a firework or hold a lit firework in your hand, other than a sparkler
  • After using sparklers, place them in a container of water to fully cool before disposal
  • Allow all fireworks to fully cool before disposal

If you have an urgent request or require further assistance, please contact 311 within Brampton or 905-874-2000.

Related Information

Last Updated on Nov 8, 2021