COVID-19 – Physical Distancing and Gatherings on City Property
To contain the COVID-19 virus, the City of Brampton has enacted Brampton COVID-19 Emergency Measures By-Law. This is to protect the health and safety of residents and community by regulating physical distancing.
City property will continue to be monitored by By-Law officers and Security guards to ensure there are no gatherings of more than 5 people or groups of any size not practicing physical distancing.
Violations of the By-Law include:
- Events or gatherings of more than 5 people on City property, other than members of the same household
- Not maintaining physical distancing more than 2.0 meters from one another on City property, other than members of the same household
- People utilizing/entering/gathering at any Brampton Conservation Area (Heart Lake Conversation, Claireville Conservation etc.,)
- Please note: The Conservation Areas are owned and managed by the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA). If you would like to report, please contact the TRCA first to determine if they can attend and if they are not available, By-Law officers will attend.
- TRCA’s contact number is 416-984-7870
Individuals not adhering to the physical distancing By-law can be fined a minimum of $500 and maximum of up to $100,000 for each offence.
If you would like to report individuals not adhering to this By-Law on City property, please submit a service request, call 311 or 905-874-2000.
- Please note: If you would like to submit this request anonymously, it must be done over the phone. Please call 311 or 905-874-2000.